Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday

It's still Wednesday for about 40 minutes so I can get my pics in just under the wire. I worked on my granny square table runner for a bit and I also started working on my April Showers Mug Rug for the blog hop next month.

I sketched out the mug rug and everything - I even put measurements on it. It is my first foray into flying geese units. I did cut off the points (sewed off the points) on two, but they look okay otherwise. I used the flippy corners method and I saved the triangles that I cut off and added to my bag of little triangular scraps. I saw on Fons and Porter that Maryanne Fons sews those together and trims them up to use as borders, etc... all I can say is that I've been saving them - I sure hope I use them someday. Anyway - I need to go to sleep soon.

granny squares

Piper fat quarters cut to a 5" strip

Piper and Kona solid flying geese cuts

flying geese with hand stitched umbrella handles.
I've really been enjoying doing the hand stitching. Embroidery floss is a lot of fun.

Sew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...