Saturday, March 23, 2013

Granny squares and broken tiaras

I finished my three, flirt granny squares for a table runner last night. I just need to sash them, sew them together and baste, quilt and bind and I will have a beautiful table runner or mini quilt to hang at my office - my new office is nice and big, but so gray. It really needs some color so I think project will help to liven it up a bit.

Penelope already broke the princess tiara/headband thingy that we got at Michael's yesterday afternoon. It is taped together and, while it still works as a princess tiara/headband thingy, she looks a little bit like the shabby, cheap princess from the wrong side of the tracks.

I will say goodbye to my hexie pillow and the fabulous fifty quilt today - it is nice to get to look at things a while after you've made them. This time I knew that I was not keeping these things, so I didn't get very attached to them. I really want to make another exploded star quilt because I like how it turned out, I just think I need to plan out the colors a little bit better so I have more control over where they land. That seems to be what I need to do next for my design process, really concentrate more over what colors to use and where to place them for the effect that I want to achieve. Usually, I choose the colors, but I don't pay much attention to them after they have been put together.

Things to think about...

a pretty, pretty princess...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...