This happened today:
I wanted to try out a quilt as you go technique.
As I started, I realized that I didn't want to
qayg on these blocks. I didn't know what I was
thinking. I got as far as outlining the spinner
in the center of this one block and decided, "NO!
I'm going to do something else.
(Later tonight I will be ripping this quilting and being mad at myself for not thinking this plan through - ugh!)
the scrappy strip sets that I scrapped from the first
incarnation of the sparky quilt that you see above.
When I started Sparky, I put together some strip
sets of colors that I thought went well together.
After I had my strip sets made, I looked at them together and was like, "no way! These look horrible together. I can't do that." There was only one strip set that looked good and that was the one above. The reason it worked so well was that it had a solid strip of green at the top to bring the other two patterns together. I went with that idea and got some really great blocks out of it. I will be making my first tutorial out of those blocks later in June. (I'm so excited!!!)
So, I now have another project that I'm working on. The list of UFOs increases daily. I thought I would get a break now that I'm not working outside my house, but these quilting days are turning into a full time job. I don't know how I did it before.
More tomorrow. The adventure continues!!!