Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Looky! Looky!

fat quarter yumminess from Stitch Stash Diva

Awesome swappy stuff
Look what came in the mail for me yesterday!!! I got my 25 fat quarters from StitchStashDiva, and I got four fat quarters and a pattern from my swap partner. How much fun is that?

I also got a sewing machine, a bunch of yarn and other crafting supplies from a friend that is downsizing her life to be a traveling nurse for a few years. She had a box with lots of beautiful sock yarn and said she would give it to me if I made her some socks - of course!! It is the least that I can do. So... I'm working on some socks:

SOCKS!
I love to knit socks and haven't been able to do it very often lately. Knitted socks are both a luxury to make and wear. I only knit socks for people that are really special to me. I think they are really a gift of love. I may need to alter my thinking and start hand-knitting socks for the masses - or at least to sell on etsy. But right now, I will stand by my original theory.

So far, staying at home is harder than I thought. I always think I'm going to have more time to do what I want to do - but even taking the time to write this post, I can hear Miss Penn and the dog and cat playing and squabbling, I need to get to the store and unload the diswasher. I know that I will get some peace when the girl takes a nap in a few hours. Ahhhh! What would I do without nap time - go insane, most likely.

Well... that's the news on the home front. I will post tomorrow with a layout and plan for my next quilt project.


2 comments:

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...