Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Sistah's got a brand new bag!

I'm a little behind in my X-mas sewing. I just finished my sister's present. I've decided that I'm not going to be ruled by the calendar anymore (at least that's what I'm telling everyone). She got an ipad air and I made her a cute, little, zippered, sleeping bag for it and a messenger bag for her to put that into, too.






I love this fabric, Piper by Dear Stella, I mean, these colors? C'mon. Gorgeous. My sister loves purple, orange and green - I usually buy fabric for her around Halloween time. The green on the inside is a different line and I also had to use the glasses from Geekly Chic - so geeky and awesome. I used straight line quilting to add interest and the pattern is... well, there is no pattern. I made both items from my mind. I did look at some patterns and other designs, of course, but I didn't use a pattern to construct the bags. I just need to iron the whole thing and have her come and pick it up.

As I was struggling with making an adjustable strap, I found ChrisW Designs blog and her Bag Brag Tuesday posts. Great blog about bags - I enjoyed checking out all of the tutorials and there was a lot of helpful posts there, check it out. I will be linking up to her and to Sew Much Ado's We Did It Wednesday. I'll probably link up to Crazy Mom on Friday, too - since it is a finish (Whoo-hoo!!)

Make something today!


2 comments:

  1. these are such pretty bags. That green lining fabric is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choices, they look awesome together! Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...