Thursday, June 20, 2013

Carpe Diem

Today is the day. Today is the day that I'm actually going to sew some curves. Get ready, people... get ready for the awesomeness that will be my curvy patchwork!

I wanted to show ya'll photos of my two mug rugs that I made for my mother in law - the herringbone and the applique tree-thingy but she left yesterday with them in her bag. I will be making some more minis later this week - who knows, the curvies may end up as minis.

To be continued...





Part II

Okay... the curve master foot is AWESOME! Here are my completed curves:

first one down!

retro flowers layout minus solid pieces and sashing

another possible layout minus some solid pieces








I used the retro flowers acrylic templates that can be purchased at TabSlot. The quarter circles all measure in at 4". I trimmed them down to 3.75" to have them match. The patterned fabrics are Piper by Dear Stella and the solids are Kona charms in natural and black.

I missed out on the Ellison Lane Mini Quilt Challenge and I did want to try something new. I'm glad that I finally sewed the dreaded curves. I plan to make some more of these blocks and make a small quilt out of them. I really want to make some larger drunkard's path blocks and make a mini quilt similar to this.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you all try something new this week. It's really fun!

I'm linking up with My Quilt Infatuation's Needle and Thread Thursday.

Go make stuff!

2 comments:

  1. look at you GO! I have never sewn curves, but have been toying with the idea recently. Yours look amazing! Thank you so much for linking to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous curves!!! ;-)
    Great fabric selection too!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...