Wednesday, January 30, 2013

You like me...

Ramona at ThreadTime has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I love awards. In daily life, when you're an adult, there is rarely a time when you receive any acknowledgement for anything you do. So, this award. This silly little thing is super important to me. Thanks, Ramona. I feel honored today.
 
To participate:
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you (Me).
2. Answer 11 questions asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 questions.

Here are Ramona's  11 questions to me:
1.  What’s your favorite book? or movie? My favorite book is The Great Gatsby. I have an English degree and I've read it about 20 times for school. I love it! I love everything about it. It is so American and so beautiful. If you've never read it - please do. It's short and wonderful.
2.  Cake or pie? Cake
3.  What sewing project was your all time favorite? I recently purchased some felt and I love sewing with felt. It's like butter in my machine and doesn't fray and the colors are gorgeous and rich and saturated - there's nothing that I don't love about sewing with felt.
4.  Do you have a favorite fabric manufacturer?  (Moda, Free Spirit, etc) I really like Moda, but I'm not that saavy about fabric manufacturers. I tend to pick fabrics for the color and print and don't always look at the manufacturer.
5.  Who is your favorite fabric designer? I didn't really care about this until recently. I like Jay McCarroll, Michael Miller, Riley Blake and Kaffe Fassett.
6.  Name a song that you never get sick of hearing. Distant Sun by Crowded House
7.  Where is your favorite vacation spot? here
8.  What brings you peace? Knowledge
9.  What makes you laugh? Everything
10.  Have you tried hand quilting, paper piecing, or embroidery? No. No. No.
11.  How many bees, guilds, or other sewing groups do you belong? I'm involved in two bees and I am a member of the Albuquerque Modern Quilt Guild in spite of only attending one meeting.

Eleven random things about me:
  1. I love magic. I juggle. I want to make a superhero mask to wear to work.
  2. I love Tori Spelling. I know we would be the best of friends.
  3. I would love to have crafting be my job. How can I do this? If you know, please tell me.
  4. I had my daughter at age 36. 
  5. I want to have another baby.
  6. I only started sewing two and a half years ago. I had taken Home Ec in seventh and eighth grades, but didn't continue until I  thought I wanted to quilt. I'm self taught. I just went out and bought a sewing machine and some fabric and "made it work."
  7. I love Tim Gunn from Project Runway fame. I want to keep a little, tiny Tim Gunn in my pocket to ask questions of and to give me encouragement during my stressful days.
  8.  I started a business where I ran a baby fair. I would love to have another baby fair.
  9. I have insomnia and get five hours of sleep a night on average. Despite the lack of sleep, I am only tired in the morning.
  10. I love to cook but I do not like to make salad-even when it only involves washing, drying and tearing lettuce. It is the most tedious task imaginable to me.
  11. When I taught myself to knit I learned from a book. I learned the knit stitch and kept knitting rows and rows of a scarf and kept wondering why it didn't look like knitting. Why didn't it make the little "v"s? I finally figured it out - when I  TURNED THE PAGE. I needed to learn to purl to make the little "v"s. UGH!
My 11 Awardees:
  1. http://craftyturtle1.blogspot.com 
  2. http://SquawkThat.com  
  3. lizmakesstuff.blogspot.com
  4. fairlymerry.blogspot.com/ 
  5. http://www.wafflekisses.blogspot.ca/
  6. http://www.citricsugar.blogspot.com/ 
  7.  http://wipgirl.wordpress.com/
  8.  http://www.l3designs.blogspot.com/
  9. http://lixiemakesit.blogspot.com/ 
  10. http://www.lethargiclass.blogspot.com/ 
  11. http://www.rachelboothhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/
 My 11 questions to you:
  1. Chocolate or Vanilla (or other?)
  2. Do you work outside the home doing something you like?
  3. Okay, seriously, how much fabric do you have on hand?
  4. Do you belong to any bees or guilds?
  5. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
  6. What is your favorite movie?
  7. What is your favorite color?
  8. Can you define Leibster and use it in a sentence?
  9. Precuts or yardage?
  10.  What is your favorite food?
  11. Do you like to cook?
Be kind to each other and explore the blogosphere.

Green







1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your comments! Too funny. You and I would get along. Favorite vacation spot... Right There With You! Love how you dive in and learn things on your on. With you there too.
    Now Great Gatsby, I'm not too sure about. I'll have to give it another try.
    Thanks for playing along. This is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...