Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sew much to do...

I joined the Simply Solids Bee for 2013 and I just purchased  quarter cuts of nine colors of Kona. I love the beautiful solid colors, but I'm so used to using prints in my quilts and using solids sparingly to punch up the prints and have them read better, bolder. Working in exclusively solids is a challenge in itself and the first block is a bit of a challenging pattern for a beginner like me. But... I joined this bee so that I could  beef up my sewing skills and get some new techniques under my belt so... I will carry on with the duck creek puzzle block of which that is a great example.

In other sewing news, I'm participating in a pay it forward event this year where I have promised to make items for five friends. I tried this before and only made two things. There are so many more skills that I have this year so I know I can make five things. One of my friends wants a felt crown like the one I made for my daughter's birthday (see above). I don't think she wants me to put her age on the front, but I can put her initial or name.
Another friend studies the brain and I'm thinking about making an anatomical brain chart into a felted pillow.
There is also a sixth friend that is going to swap with me because we are both quite crafty and it's super fun to make something for her.

This weekend should be filled with sewing and creating and designing. I'm really excited to get started.

Sew on!
Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...