Monday, November 26, 2012

Go Boldly

I'm working on a new quilt x-mas present for my mom. She is a huge Star Trek fan - a Trekker (do not say Trekkie unless you want to lose an arm). Every year and every holiday my mom gets something Star Trek. I had pretty much exhausted my ideas and then I thought I would make a Star Trek quilt for her. I love the idea of merging the traditional art of quilting and the ultra-modern idea of Star Trek. I bought some really neat fabric from Spoonflower - I didn't design my own, although I will in the future because that is just AWESOME - and I decided that the design would be all log cabin or at least log cabin inspired blocks. I have a few finished and they look like... this:


I'm really excited for this project and I can't wait for the x-mas day reveal.

Sew on, boldly!
Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments. I really appreciate that you took the time out of your busy schedule to write me a little note. I will do my best to respond to each and every comment that you leave me. Thanks again, and have a wonderful-stupendous-really excellent day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...